Monday, November 10, 2008

Monkey's throwing poo


Wow, look at me go with this blogging thing. Is this what happens? You start and then can't stop. No, sorry, I think I will still be lame and have big pauses in between each post.

A few days ago we went to the zoo in Ft. Worth (the boys and I). Kaden loves the monkeys, especially the Chimpanzees, we have spent hours watching them play, waiting for the baby Chimp to be born, giving them our own names and making up stories about them as though they are really people etc. This visit we noticed some excrement on the window and I had to explain how monkeys are unlike people in that they do things that we would consider gross, ie. playing with their poop. This seemed to rock Kaden's world, he couldn't believe that his beloved friends would do something like this. While the poor boy was trying to deal with this shift in reality, our favorite Chimp 'Maynard' decided to hurl some poop right at the window where it splatted right at Kade's face. Kade let out a high pitched shriek and then ran to hide near the gorillas, and then thought they might throw poop at him as well and insisted upon leaving the Monkey house immediately. We ran out with him shaking and shouting "that is not nice Maynard! I not throw poop at you! I never coming back!" Ever since then, a few times a day, he'll turn to me with a confused look on his face and say "Mom monkey's throw poo.". Anyway, here is a photo of him feeding birds (my attempt to get his mind off Maynard's betrayal).

10 comments:

Brittany said...

Hey Marci! I'm stunned to see updates! I hope you are well!

Aaron Ferris said...

Maynard the Monkey. I love it :)

Ashley said...

Hey...I was happy to see that you updated your blog, it is your long lost cousin...Ashley McKell....the other kids in our family also all have blogs if you ever feel like catching up. I would love to have your send me an e mail with your e mail address so that I can send you an invite to view our blog, I am going to make it private in a few days.....I love the pictures with your mom, she is one of my very favorite people in the whole world.

My e mail address is christiansen.ashley@gmail.com

Codi said...

HOLY CRAP! I can't believe it is really you blogging. It looks like you had fun in California. The boys are too dang cute. They are getting so big. Really when well we see each other in person again?

jocie said...

i'm laughing so hard i'm crying. monkeys throw poop...

Shaughanie said...

Nate and I were laughing histerically!

Weston and Becky said...

Look at you, Blogging and stuff! Nice! Hmmm, I didn't know monkeys threw poop, jeeeez now two of us are confused.

Molly said...

Hillarious... Wow, I can't believe you have posts on your blog. I haven't checked it in a few months and I was very surprised to see a few posts. Good job Marc!

Leah said...

sounds like an amazing trip to California! Glad you guys got to see Miah's brother and that he's doing well. love the monkey story!! thanks for sharing :)

Maren said...

That is hilarious. Kade would never throw poop, but James might given the right context. So funny!