Sunday, January 10, 2010

Wow I am stupid! or... The Boys Christmas Present


Something is wrong with me. This November I asked the boys to write a Christmas list, and both boys returned with only one thing on both lists. A dog. So, I tried for weeks to show them ads and commercials to get them interested in anything else, but to no avail. Ethan has been putting money in a piggy bank for about two years now and saving for a dog- since we used the expense as our excuse for not getting one. I realized after I saw their lists that I was done for, so we drove out to a farm and picked up this cute little lab. Her name is Cali and she is a good dog, but I am still the world's biggest idiot, not only am I changing diapers, but I am also cleaning up after a dog and trying to stop her from destroying our fairly new house. I'm a sucker, what can I say.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Yah you are a nice mom. A Dog has been on my kid's Christmas lists for a few years. When I see it I remind them of when we can actually get one - when Hayden is 12! Hayden also had a Nintendo DS on his list but again, I have an age requirement for that one too! I must be a mean mom... ALthough he did get the other two things on his list - a skateboard and an Adidas shirt! Those were easy!

jocie said...

here i am staring at the cute linc/puppy twinner photo again...